Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shirt to Dress Refashion

I decided to embark on a sewing adventure yesterday and transform one of my polo shirts into a dress for Abby.

I'm very proud of this project. It's the first re-structuring project I've ever done and I did it without a tutorial or pattern (just a little help from one of Abby's shirts).

I wish I could give you a play-by-play of how I did it, but I didn't think of that until I was already well into the project. Plus, I'm not sure I could have explained it all that well anyway.

I also wish I could show you what my living room looked like while I sewed. Abby loves to wreak havoc on our house whenever the sewing bin comes out. You'll just have to imagine spools of unwound ribbon, dumped bags of beads and fabric scraps turned into a comfy, cozy bed.

Here's the finished product.

If only that dang Lacoste alligator wasn't shifted awkwardly. Perhaps I will cover it up with a pocket or something.

Play Dough tested, Abby approved.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...