Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Diet Coke Cake

I've seen a few beer "cakes" on Pinterest lately and wanted to do a non-alcoholic version. So, when we were planning a birthday lunch for my Diet Coke-addicted friend, I thought it would be the perfect decoration/gift.


I (with the assistance of my hubby) cut 12, 10 and 8 inch circles out of a cardboard box.

Then, we stacked the cans. The top and bottom layers fit nicely but the center has some empty space in the middle. You need about 30 cans.

I wrapped ribbon around each layer and made a little topper out of scrapbook paper.

It's a quick project and ends up looking pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.


I don't suggest transporting the "cake" after construction. We had a few mishaps getting it from my house to the party. If you do need to move it, I would recommend hot gluing the cans to the cardboard.

I would also cover the cardboard with some tissue paper or fabric if I made it again. The brown cardboard look isn't that attractive. 


I saw the idea to use the "cake" for the guests to drink at the party, which would be fun too. You could maybe do different drinks for each layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...