Monday, August 5, 2013

New Pillows and a Tour

Last week, I decided to put our throw pillows in the wash, seeing as one of them was pretty well covered in baby spit-up. Unfortunately, one of the pillows exploded in the washing machine. I have been wanting to get new ones for a while but I couldn't find any that I liked that didn't cost a fortune. (Can someone explain to me why throw pillows are so expensive?) So, I decided I would make some.
 
The girls and I went to JoAnn and picked out some fabric. I was planning to do two different fabrics but all of the other ones I liked were dry clean only. No, thanks! I bought pillow forms, followed this tutorial for envelope pillow cases and Voila, new throw pillows that I love!
 

While I was taking a picture of the pillow, I realized I never posted pictures of our apartment. Whenever I thought about it, there was a fort or some other mess in the way. Plus, there are a few decorative projects I'd like to do still but who knows when I'll get around to it.

Here is the living room.


There is a little play area in the corner here. I can't wait to have a playroom someday!


The photo wall. Some of the pictures like to go tipsy.


Here is the dining room.


The bookshelf.


I will finish the tour in another post (or two) so as to not overload you with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...