Friday, February 19, 2010

Ode to the yellow ring...

You know those wonderful ring stacking toys that seem to exist in every child-dwelling home in America? Yeah, well we have two of them, and I think they're great. Abby builds towers with them, makes them into bracelets and of course, uses them for the traditional purpose of stacking.

Two weeks ago, I had a hoard of children over at my house for playgroup. The kids played, the moms gabbed (more on that in future posts) and good times were had by all. When the last goodbyes were said, OCD mommy came out in full force to clean and straighten up. When all was said and done, the yellow ring to one of our stackers was missing. I figured it would turn up somewhere, like the laundry basket or somewhere in my closet (or maybe even under the oven like the last toy gone missing in our house.) And yet, two weeks have passed by and no yellow ring. I don't know why I let it bug me, but it really bugs me. Maybe it's just because I can't figure out where things go to hide in my tiny apartment.

So, yellow ring, black earring and any of you other lost friends, if you're reading this, come out of hiding and give me back a small piece of my sanity.

1 comment:

  1. You're far from alone. I go nutty when a piece of something goes missing. Got it from my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...