Thursday, November 17, 2011

Some days...

Some days I want to wake up whenever I feel like it.

Some days I want to wipe nobody's bum but my own.

Some days I want to eat a meal without little fingers picking off of my plate.

Some days I want to go to Target or the mall and stay there as long as I want.

Some days I want to watch only shows starring actual human beings.

Some days I want to sit on the couch and read all day.

Some days I want to lay out in the sunshine and fall asleep.

Some days I want to go for a walk without hefting the double stroller down the stairs.

Some days I want to clean the living room and have it stay that way for more than five minutes.

Some days I want to do something spontaneous with my husband.


And on those days, I have to remind myself that I hoped and prayed for these beautiful children.

I have to remember how incomplete my life was before they came along.

I have to look at their smiles and delight in their hugs and know that I will never find greater happiness than I do in being a mother.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...