Tuesday, April 22, 2014

OBX Trip

Guys, I keep falling off the blogging bandwagon in a hard way. I haven't even been reading blogs very often. But, I'm determined to get back at it. I just love having everything documented and writing things down helps me to remember more than what the pictures show.

We had the bi-annual (I think that's the correct term for every-other-year) Peterson family reunion in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We stayed in an AMAZING house. This picture doesn't do it justice. Check out the Web site if you want to really see the awesomeness.


The girls had so much fun playing with their cousins. I feel like I hardly saw them during most of the week. Clara and Myra were two peas in a pod. There's quite an age difference between them and I really have no idea what they were doing most of the time but Clara just loves her and cried when she left.


 The weather was on the chilly side for the first couple of days. Abby wasn't deterred. She was even getting into the water and freezing her buns off. Clara is not a fan of being cold. She would stay outside for a few minutes and decide she'd had enough.



We went to the Wright Brothers Memorial which was really interesting. Unfortunately, our kids were being pretty naughty so we didn't get to enjoy it all.


I feel so blessed to be a part of this fun, crazy family.




We went to the sand dunes and the kids had a blast climbing, jumping and sliding on the hills.



Grant had a rough time on the trip. He didn't sleep very well and he was pretty overwhelmed by all the people. I was sad everyone didn't get to see his fun personality. He was happiest out at the beach.



Sam went of a deep sea fishing trip. He had a good time despite puking several times.


They came back with quite the haul.


The last full day was gorgeous so we spent time down at the beach.


Clara, the diva, even stayed out and played for a while because it wasn't too cold.



It was such a great trip. We've had a pretty hard time adjusting to normal life. If only I had a pack of cousins around all the time to entertain my kids.



1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures. And you're not the only one who doesn't really read blogs anymore! I like to check yours, but there is not much else out there that I read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...