Tuesday, April 6, 2010

French Creek

The Friday before Easter, we went camping with some of our friends. We weren't planning to go, but after some convincing, we gave in, packed up the car and drove out. If you know me, you know that I'm a planner, so this was a big leap!

We put Abby down for bed soon after we arrived. It took her quite some time to fall asleep. Turns out, she wasn't feeling super awesome and I can imagine being in the tent must have been pretty disorienting. Poor girl!

Most of the wood around was still pretty wet from all of the rain we've been getting, but our determined Boy Scouts got a pretty good blaze going so we could cook our food. By the time the food was cooked, I wasn't even that hungry because I had been snacking on junk food. Needless to say, we wouldn't have starved without a fire.

In the middle of the night, this weird siren started going off, kind of like the kind that goes off when a bomb is going to drop. It freaked me out. I thought we would have to pack up and leave in the middle of the night. Sam, of course, slept right through it, as did most of our friends. Since it only lasted about two minutes, I figured we must be okay. The siren would have kept going if it was serious, right?

All in all, it was a great night! Thanks to Kelley for talking me into it!

This was the best of several pictures Sam tried to take of Abby and me. HA!


I love this picture! Don't they both look so cute?


My handsome man! There's no accessory quite like a head-lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...