Friday, April 2, 2010

Daddy is Old

Our Marches (Marchs? How do you make a month plural?) always end the same--by celebrating Sam's birthday. This celebration always includes the opening of presents and the eating of pie.

This year, Abby thought the presents were for her. She was happy to help daddy open them. She even tried to open them while I wrapped them. I got him a game and a tent and my parents got him some new clothes and a fancy meat thermometer (and yes, he was very excited about this!)





I made the usual apple pie and a butterscotch pie. I did a different crust recipe that was yummy but harder to work with. It was supposed to be easier but I think I've just gotten used to the "harder" way. The butterscotch was my most successful cream pie yet. It was also my first time making meringue. We had a few friends over to eat the pie with us. Sam didn't want a big party because in years past, he hasn't gotten to eat very much of his pie and he didn't want to share! Ha!





Happy Birthday Handsome Man! I love your guts!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to know there is someone else that blows out candles on a pie on their birthday. Its really the best way to go.
    Tell Sam I said Happy Late Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy [late] birthday, Sam!! Li'l Mil would give you a high five and sing to you if he knew. Also, I love the gallon of milk in the pictures. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...