Saturday, May 15, 2010

TOO Big...

We went to the park today because it was too gorgeous out not to.

Some sad child left their soccer ball, which made for a happy Abby. She would throw it, gravity would carry it downhill a bit and then she would chase after it (and repeat).

As she played her little game I asked Sam, "When did she get so big?"

He claims it was while we were in Utah last week (more on that later.)

I find myself asking this question a lot lately and here are some of the reasons why:

*Her vocabulary grows everyday. She is always surprising me with the words she knows.

*She does well with a fork and a spoon and can eat just about anything without any assistance.

*She is getting much less shy and can keep up better with the big kids.

*She tries to do so many things by herself like put on shoes and brush her teeth.

*She can run fast without falling down so much.

*She can totally entertain herself by using her imagination. This usually involves her babies.

Despite my best efforts it becomes more apparent everyday that I have a toddler, not a baby. Sometimes it makes me want to cry but mostly it makes me smile. She is growing and learning and she's happy. I must be doing something right!

2 comments:

  1. She IS getting so big! And you are doing something right...she's a perfect little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE! She's a beautiful, smart little darling! Wish we lived closer to you guys so our kids could grow up together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...