Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day Fun

We started off our Valentine's Day festivities with a card exchange party with a bunch of friends. Abby remembered going to the party last year--mostly the fact that she came home with a box of candy. Needless to say, she was excited.

I found this Valentine collector and decided it would be the perfect project since we already had an empty oatmeal can sitting around. Abby picked out the paper she wanted and helped me cut and glue. Then she decided to use the paper cutter to cut a piece of paper into very small pieces.

I followed this tutorial for the paper flowers. It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.


For her Valentines, we filled small bags with Teddy Grahams and gummy bears and attached little tags that said, "Bear Hugs From Abby." I don't have a picture of them or any pictures from the party because when I got out the camera and turned it on, I was reminded that our memory card was full.

On the night of Valentine's Day, we went out to dinner with some friends. they had purchased a Groupon for a culinary school and invited us to join them.

The food was yummy, especially my Potato Leek Soup. It was fun to have a night out without our kids.

Sam also got me these beautiful flowers. I love having beautiful, fresh flowers on my table.




The only thing that felt incomplete is that the Baskin Robbins by us doesn't carry Love Potion ice cream. It's depressing to celebrate Valentine's Day without it's deliciousness.

And, because a post doesn't really feel complete without a cute girl or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...