Monday, May 13, 2013

On Motherhood

I wish there was somebody to take a picture of me at Target the other day. I was pushing the giant triple cart, carrying/dragging two 30 gallon storage containers that wouldn't fit in my cart while attempting to try on shoes. At the end of my shopping trip, I had to hand the dressing room attendant a stack of clothes that I wanted to try on because 2/3 kids were crying and it was just time to go. I was frustrated that things weren't going the way I wanted. It's hard enough to get out of the house. But then, it hit me like a ton of bricks:

This is your life.
This is the life you wanted.
When you chose to be a mom, you chose to make sacrifices--like not getting new clothes and not getting to do things how and when you want.

I felt adequately chastised. Despite what it feels like sometimes, my children aren't trying to torture me. They aren't out to sabotage my wardrobe. They're just kids, being kids.

Being a mom is tough. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar! But, being a mom is rewarding beyond description. My children bring me more joy then I ever thought possible.

It's not always easy but it is always, always worth it.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...