Friday, November 1, 2013

Abby Turns 5

I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow, my firstborn child has turned five! We absolutely adore our Abby Drue. She is a sweetheart, always ready with cuddles and hugs. She is an amazing big sister and the best helper I could ever ask for. She is smart and funny and so fun to be around. We really scored big when she was sent to our family!
 
She is one of the best people to buy presents for because she is so excited about everything. Throughout the morning, she would say, can I open another present? She'd open one, play with it for a while and then get too excited and ask for another one. She wore that crown all day--the birthday princess.
 
 
 
We set up this balloon drop (Pinterest,  of course. Is there any creativity left in the world?) for her to have in the morning. Her reaction was so cute. They crawled under the streamers rather than walking through them.



She asked for donuts for breakfast. She choose a sprinkle one, of course.

 
My parents came to spend the day. They told her she could pick anywhere for lunch and she choose Filbertos, which is a 24-hour Mexican restaurant. They have these little drinks she likes and she couldn't get her mind off them. I guess she's a cheap date.

We went over to have dinner and go trick-or-treating with her cousins. We got Jack-o-Lantern pizzas from Papa Murphy's and Alisa decorated really cute.



Abby picked out some princess cupcakes I found on Pinterest. Unfortunately, there weren't any printables. I found pictures and cropped them to be the same size and then printed them on card stock. I asked Sam to cut them out, since my cutting still are kind of abysmal.


My frosting skills aren't the best, but I think they turned out pretty cute and they tasted delicious!


 
She had a wonderful day and it was so fun celebrating with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...