Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Turkey Cheese Ball

I was in charge of the Thanksgiving meal this year. I actually had a lot of fun preparing everything and it all went off without a hitch so it was pretty relaxing.. I think my favorite part of the meal was this Turkey Cheese Ball we had for an appetizer. I got the idea from this blog but that cheese ball didn't sound that good to me so I found a different one that sounded better.

Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball


2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (I actually made my own because my dad bought the wrong stuff.)
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups bacon pieces

1. In a medium sized bowl, mash the cream cheese. Add the ranch dressing mix and cheddar cheese, and mix until well combined.

2. Form the mixture into a ball shape.

3. Roll the ball in the  bacon pieces.

4. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least an hour.

I used pretzels for the feathers and body and peanut butter to attach M&M eyes and an almond beak.

Super cute and very delicious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...