Monday, July 7, 2014

Gender Reveal

My dad asked me the other day if I was taking a hiatus from blogging. I guess the answer is yes, though the hiatus wasn't intentional. We've had a lot going on the past few weeks but now we're settling into a new routine in a new house. I'll have to count Instagram for my journaling purposes.

We had hand/foot/mouth disease at our house a few weeks ago and so when it came time for my ultrasound, we didn't want to leave the kids with a sitter. Sam had already planned an extra-long lunch but instead of coming with me, he stayed home with the kids.

My appointment went really fast, like I was leaving about the time my appointment was supposed to begin--a rare occurrence for a doctor's appointment.

We decided that I would put confetti in balloons and pop them to show the gender. Putting confetti in balloons is more challenging that I anticipated so the results weren't exactly what I had envisioned. 



Plus, I only really caught the end because the camera wasn't working how I thought. I really need to buckle down and figure out how to work it!


The girls had fun playing with the confetti.


They are very excited to have a baby sister. They both wanted a girl.


Clara said she would cry if it wasn't a girl after seeing a gender reveal video where a little boy threw a fit when he found out he wasn't getting a baby brother.




We are thrilled to welcome another little girl into our family. The big question is, what color will her hair be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...