Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flashback Sunday: Oh What Do You Do In the Summertime?

The first kiss really sealed the deal for our budding romance. The next Sunday I was sitting outside of my apartment when one of our mutual friends made a comment about Sam and I being "official." It was nice to be informed of this, seeing as we had never really discussed it. In my opinion, it's best to avoid that awkward conversation at all costs.

Aside from work and class, we spent all of our time together. We grocery shopped, studied, ate dinner and played together.

Some of Sam's buddies from work were going fishing and invited us to tag along. I come from a not-so-outdoorsy family and this was my first time fishing. The guys we went with assured us that this was the best place to go--that they always caught stuff there. We were, apparently, bad luck because neither of us caught anything. Despite the heat and a pretty nasty sunburn, we had a really fun time. I loved seeing Sam play with the kiddos. I got a glimpse at what a wonderful father he would be.





We spent a lot of time outside going for walks and playing in the park.



We spent even more time sitting on the couch relaxing!



Sam left for several days to help his brother drive across the country. We hadn't spent more than 36 hours apart since our first date. Needless to say, I missed him a lot. He sent me some flowers while he was gone because he missed me too! (Yes, I know, I look so young and skinny! Ha!)



Before we started dating, I had planned to spend a few weeks with my parents in Arizona. Now that I had met the man of my dreams, I was totally bummed to leave. In the long run, it was good for our relationship to spend some time apart, but more on that later. Anyway, the night before my departure we went to a delicious dinner at Teppanyaki (the deliciousness was diminished slightly by the lack of AC in the restaurant) follow by a drive-in movie. We borrowed Sam's roommate's awesome truck (also lacking AC), so we were forced to drive in silence to Salt Lake with the windows all the way down.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome truck. I sure do miss it...Anyway, it's fun to read your "Flashback Sundays" because I remember all these experiences as told by Sam, but I never have heard your version of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that fishing trip! I don't recall any of us catching much, really. I do remember how much fun everyone was having though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...