Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Preschool

Today was Abby's first day of preschool. We are doing a swap with four other moms. We are meeting twice a week for two hours each day.
 
Abby didn't really know what to expect. She was mostly excited to use the pink construction paper in the giant pack I bought at Costco. She kept telling me the pink paper was just for her and Brooklyn.
 
 
These girls have been good buddies for the past three years. Brooklyn is the only little girl even close to Abby's age. The 8-month gap seems smaller as they get older.
 

Got to love a good painful-looking cheese.


I couldn't get a very good shot of all of the kids but I guess that's to be expected with 3 and 4 year olds.



I was the teacher for the first day and it went pretty well. The kids were great but the time went by slower than I anticipated. I'll have to plan more to do next time.

We started off the day with the pledge of allegiance. I must admit, I was worried I was saying the wrong words--it's been a while.

Next, we did calendar time. One of the moms, Laura, put together an adorable calendar so we can help the kids get a better sense of the days of the week, months, seasons, etc.

Then, we played a little get-to-know-you game where the kids threw each other the ball and answered questions about themselves.

We did a coloring activity where they were supposed to color a little person to look like them.

After that, we did some worksheets. This week, we decided to do some pre-writing exercises. From here on out, we will focus on a letter and number each day. We've decided to do our worksheets in sheet protectors with dry erase markers so the kids can take them home and practice.

The kids had a snack while I read them a few books and then we sang a few songs to get our wiggles out. At this point, a potty break was necessary.

Next, the kids used stickers to cover the first letter of their name.

We finished the day by going outside to run around and play.

I think the day was a success but I am totally exhausted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...