Sorry, no picture again. I know, I suck...
I had my blood drawn again today, my platelets have stayed the same over the past week, so the doctor recommended I triple my steroid dose to see if that will do the trick. Unfortunately, I don't think there is enough time to get my numbers up high enough so I'm preparing myself for another natural delivery and the possibility of lots of bleeding. Every anesthesiologist has their own rule though on how high your levels have to be but it seems that the ones at our hospital are pretty strict. Also, if I need a C-section for any reason, I will have to be put out.
I am scheduled to be induced on Thursday, March 21, so our little guy will be here in less than a week! I'm nervous about an induced, natural childbirth. I know the pain in much harder to manage when you're strapped in with Pitocin...I've been there! However, I am 3 cm dilated now and contracting more and more so maybe I won't make it to the induction. Either way, we feel like scheduling for Thursday was the best decision.
My parents get here tomorrow. They will be a very welcome help and distraction to make it through the next couple of days. The girls are so excited to have them here!
I can't wait to introduce you to my little man! We've been waiting a long time for him!