Sunday, June 12, 2011

Flashback Sunday: Reunited

After being apart for a few more weeks, I flew back to Utah to start another school year. My parents came with me to visit their papas and meet Philip's fiance, Merrick. They started dating and got engaged all while I was in Arizona (Crazy Mormons!) Our flight was late and then my luggage never arrived on the baggage carousel (can't you just hear the airport lady's voice on the loudspeaker). Needless to say, I was pretty grumpy. I just wanted to get home and see Sam. Plus, we had plans to go to his brother's house for me to meet some of his family for the first time. After giving the baggage people my info for them to get my bag to me whenever it arrived (which was around 2 a.m. the next day) and then waiting for Merrick's flight to get in (She flew back on the same day), we finally went home.

I came home to find this in my room:



A dozen roses is always a good way to break a girl out of a grumpy mood. I went over to Sam's house and we headed to his brother's house. We played Dominoes (my first time) and chatted. While we were playing, Sam's brother hit the table and all of my dominoes fell over (face up). It was pretty funny and opened the door for years of sibling-in-law teasing.

The next day, we went with my family to Park City to ride the alpine slides.



Later in the week, we went with our friends to the Nickelcade (an arcade where tokens are only a nickel!)





We finished the week with a BYU football game.



It was so nice to be back together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...