Saturday, June 25, 2011

For Posterity's Sake

I feel like the last few weeks have been slow--yet busy, fun--but not particularly eventful. Sam is in full-blown study mode for his board exams so I haven't been getting a lot of time with my good friend computer, but I wanted to write a few things before I forgot about them.

As previously mentioned, Abby likes to get out of her bed now. Before Sam goes to bed, he'll check on her to see what treasures she has in her bed and removes any blankets she has accumulated. However, in the morning, she'll usually have more blankets. Ha!

The other night, she came waltzing out of her room at 8:30 p.m. (she goes to bed at 7), climbed onto the couch and asked to watch a show. I think she was trying to convince us that it was morning. It was hilarious. She did it again a few nights later.

She is my constant source of entertainment. She has an amazing imagination but is so rational at the same time. The other day, she was asking me where to but her mouse toy down for a nap. She shot down each of my suggestions like she couldn't believe I would suggest such a thing.
Me: How about on your book shelf?
Abby: Well, that's where my books go.
Me: How about in your stroller?
Abby: Well, my baby is sitting in there.
The conversation continued until I finally made an acceptable suggestion.

I tried to lay down on her tummy the other day but she told me no and wiggled away. I told her she was my pillow and she said, "I'm not a pillow, I'm Abby but I have a pillow in my bedroom. Do you want me to go get it for you?" I never know if I should laugh or cry. She is just getting so big.

Clara is as sweet as can be. This picture reminded me of Abby a lot.



Oh, that smile is infectious!


Abby misses her buddies that moved away but she is getting better at playing by herself or with other kids when we go to the park. The other day we were eating lunch and all of a sudden she was on the slide. I didn't even have to convince her to go.


We picked the first pepper from our garden. I'm not much of a pepper fan so Sam and Abby sampled it.


We have tons of tomatoes growing and we're just itching from them to get ripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...