Sunday, June 23, 2013

Recipe Sunday: Salami and Brussels Sprouts Pizza

I don't make the same recipes very often. I love trying new things. For a while, I was never really repeating recipes except for our super basic standbys (You know, grilled cheese, Ramen noodles--that sort of thing). However, I was starting to crave things I had made before that were just really good. I started a Pinterest board called Recipes to Keep as a place to store all of the recipes we thought were worth making again.
 
When I first saw this recipe in Real Simple, I was skeptical but I went ahead and gave it a try. Boy, am I glad I did. It's light and simple and so delicious. My whole family just gobbles it up!
 
Salami and Brussels Sprouts Pizza
via Real Simple, slightly adapted by me
 

Ingredients

  • 5 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature (I use Pillsbury)
  • 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
  • 2 ounces sliced salami, cut into quarters
  • 1/2 pound mozzarella, grated (2 cups)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 450° F with the bottom rack set in the lowest position. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet. Stretch the dough into a large oval and place on the prepared sheet; brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
  2. In a large bowl, toss the sprouts, salami, and mozzarella with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper; scatter over the dough. Bake until the mozzarella has melted and the crust is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...