Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ward Halloween Party

We had an awesome Ward Halloween Party this year. It doubled as the annual chili cook-off. I made a super yummy chili, but not good enough to win the favor of the judges! Darn!

Abby was a beautiful fairy. I made her skirt, wand and pretty bows for her shoes. I found the wings at the dollar store (SCORE!) Luckily, I snapped this picture right when we got there because she promptly removed the wings (and skirt briefly).



Sam and I decided to be grapes. We thought it was easy, but it turned out to be kind of a pain. We put my costume together at home, but ran out of time for Sam's. We had to do some quick pinning when we arrived at the church. We quickly learned that our costumes were completely nonfunctional. We couldn't sit, eat or pick up Abby. Sam took his off right after the picture and I followed suit a little while later.



We were a total hit with the kids though. I had a constant pair of little hands touching me.

Abby trick-or-treated just enough doors to make a quick snack for herself! She's such a little candy monster. She's a quick learner too. During the day, she frequently asks me for some of the candy in our little Halloween decoration. After I tell her no, she always says, "Ask daddy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...