Last Christmas, my parents bought us the citrus juicer attachment for our KitchenAid mixer. I must admit, I was really excited about it! As a kid, we had a lemon tree in our backyard. It was usually my job to pick lemons and though I hated the task (Hello thorns. Hello bees.) I loved the fruits of my labor (ha ha, get it, fruits.) Every Sunday, I would get out our juicer and make fresh lemonade.
We perused Pinterest for a lemonade recipe and when we saw the words Chick-fil-a, we were sold. Who doesn't love Chick-fil-a lemonade?
via Real Mom Kitchen
- 8-10 Sunkist lemons (that is what Chick-fil-a uses, but we've used different one with excellent results. Don't use Meyer lemons though. Those are better for baking)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5⅓ cups water
- Juice lemons so you end up with 1½ cups of lemon juice.
- Add lemon juice to a pitcher and whisk with the sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add water and whisk until well combined.
- Refrigerate until nice and cold.