Sunday, July 28, 2013

Recipe Sunday: Chick-Fil-A Lemonade

Last Christmas, my parents bought us the citrus juicer attachment for our KitchenAid mixer. I must admit, I was really excited about it! As a kid, we had a lemon tree in our backyard. It was usually my job to pick lemons and though I hated the task (Hello thorns. Hello bees.) I loved the fruits of my labor (ha ha, get it, fruits.) Every Sunday, I would get out our juicer and make fresh lemonade.
 
We perused Pinterest for a lemonade recipe and when we saw the words Chick-fil-a, we were sold. Who doesn't love Chick-fil-a lemonade? 
 
Chick-Fil-A Lemonade
 

Ingredients
  • 8-10 Sunkist lemons (that is what Chick-fil-a uses, but we've used different one with excellent results. Don't use Meyer lemons though. Those are better for baking)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 5⅓ cups water
Instructions
  1. Juice lemons so you end up with 1½ cups of lemon juice.
  2. Add lemon juice to a pitcher and whisk with the sugar until sugar is dissolved.
  3. Add water and whisk until well combined.
  4. Refrigerate until nice and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...