Sunday, July 21, 2013

Recipe Sunday: Cookies and Cream Bars

I have a lovely Pinterest board full of Treats and Sweets. When I was pregnant with Grant, most of my pins were desserts because savory foods just weren't as appealing. When it comes down to it, though, I don't really make a lot of things from it. Usually, when we have a dessert, we'll eat ice-cream or Oreos. I kind of hate making treats sometimes because recipes usually make a ton and then I have to eat it all. We don't want good food going to waste. Think of the starving children in _______. The board is a my go-to when I'm asked to bring a dessert to a party or activity or when we're really just needing something special.
 
I made these bars a while back and, man oh man, they were delicious. They are quick and easy and the recipe only makes an 8x8 pan. I'm drooling just thinking about it!
 
Cookies and Cream Bars
 

Ingredients:

One 16 oz package of Oreo Cookies
5 cups large marshmallows
4 tablespoons butter

Directions:

Butter an 8X8 inch baking pan. Line the baking pan with parchment paper letting the paper extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Butter paper; set pan aside.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse Oreos until ground.
In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave until puffed, about 1½ - 2 minutes. Stir in ground Oreo Cookies until combined. Transfer to prepared baking pan. Using a piece of wax paper, press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
Let set up for at least 10 minutes. Cut into bars and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...